Not too long ago, we told you about the BVRLA’s “Look for the Logo” campaign; this encouraged people and companies to check that the leasing company they had chosen were one of their members.
But why is this so important and who are the BVRLA?
About the BVRLA
The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association is the trade body for the UK who represent leasing and rental vehicles. It has been established since 1967 and between its members, there are a total fleet size of 3.4 million cars, vans and trucks.
BVRLA members are a fairly big deal when it comes to purchasing power – between them, their members buy nearly 50% of all new vehicles in this country each year and they employ about 184,000 people. In total, they contribute over £14 billion to the UK economy annually.
But it is not these reasons that you should be solely concerned with; its members abide to the BVRLA’s strict code of practice and this is why you can feel safe to deal with a BVRLA member leasing company.
BVRLA code of contact – members must:
- Always go about their business in a lawful way and trade responsibly and fairly – they must also make sure that they are fully compliant with all current legislation
- Provide accurate quotations that are clear and detail payment profiles and all pricing
- Source vehicles that are to the current manufacturer’s standards and specifications
- Make sure they obtain proper permission from the customer to represent them
- Offer terms of business that are clear to the customer from the outset
- Have the ability to provide the best advice suited for each customer’s needs
- Always give the customer details of cancellation fees, cancellation process and terms and conditions of order
- Have a professional manner and trade from an established business premises
- Make sure that all staff are trained to a good level
- Ensure that there is a proper customer complaint procedure that is in-line with the Financial Ombudsman Service’s requirements and also the BVRLA Conciliation Service
Finding a leasing company who is a BVRLA Member
A BVRLA Member will always display the BVRLA logo on their website – if not, you should always ask the question directly (if the logo is not on display, it is unlikely that they are a member). Of course, you can check directly with the BVRLA who will be able to verify this information.
Compass Contract Hire Limited is a BVRLA member with many years’ experience in the leasing industry and as such, are a very trusted source to deal with.
In addition, they are also a “Platinum” Network Vehicles franchisee; Network are a specialist division of LeasePlan, who are the world’s biggest fleet management business, providing SMEs and individuals with leasing solutions.
Network have over 30 years’ experience and are market leaders in service as well as value. As part of their commitment to customer care, they decided some years ago that all members that all franchisees should be a BVRLA member.
To get a great deal from an accredited and trusted company, visit Compass Contract Hire’s website or call 02392 228070; they are always very happy – and trained – to help.